- How to Enjoy
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
A mainstay in the diet of Indigenous Australians for much of their history, Wattleseed is known for its ability to survive tough weather conditions and provide a valuable source of protein and carbohydrate in times of drought. It has a nutty mild chocolate flavour and aroma. It’s ideal for adding to your coffee, casseroles, sauces and desserts.
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Wild harvested
- Product of Australia
- Nutty, roasted coffee aroma, with touches of sweet spice, raisins and chocolate.
- It has a savory, nutty, wheat-biscuit flavour.
- 50 ml
- 500 ml
- 1 ltr
- 5 ltr
- 24 months from date of packing
- Store in cool, dry place
- Use Roasted Wattleseed Extract with dairy-based sauces and dishes. Infuse it with cream for a delicious pasta sauce or use it to flavour ice cream, yoghurt & custards.
- Add depth to sweet and sour chutneys, pickles and savoury dishes, such as soups, sauces and preserves, slow-cooked meat and vegetable ragu.
- Use in marinades and sauces or as a seasoning for meat and vegetables before cooking to add subtle smoky barbecue notes.
- Use wattleseed in biscuits, cakes, pancakes, bread and other baked goods.
- It blends exceptionally well with chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon.
WHITE CHOCOLATE & ROASTED WATTLESEED CUSTARD
Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 3 cups
Try this velvety White Chocolate and Roasted Wattleseed Custard with your next pudding or slice of fruit cake. The nutty, coffee notes of wattleseed, give balance to the sweetness of the white chocolate and honey, to create a luscious, aromatic custard that’s delicious served hot or cold.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 4 extra large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 100 grams white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp Roasted Wattleseed Spice
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Wattleseed Extract
- pinch sea salt
- Place milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to4 minutes or until hot. Make sure you don’t let it boil.
- Whisk egg yolks, cornflour and sugar together in a heatproof bowl. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture. Return to pan and add chocolate.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Stir in TASC Roasted Wattleseed Spice, Roasted Wattleseed Extract and sea salt
- Pour custard into a heat proof jug.
- Serve warm over a pudding or fruit cake and garnish with fresh berries.
- Custard can be made a day ahead. Cover surface with plastic wrap and allow to cool
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Reheat custard before serving or serve cold.
Find more recipes here!
- Wattleseed must be considered the unsung hero of Australian native foods, as it is an extraordinarily rich source of protein. Since the 1970s, Wattleseed has been grown in Africa to provide protein and carbohydrate to drought-affected populations.
- Wattleseed is certified as a low glycaemic index (GI) food and is high in dietary fibre. Low GI foods have been shown to be beneficial for diabetics, as the slow release of sugars does not produce sudden rises in blood glucose levels.
- Wattleseed contains high concentrations of potassium, zinc, calcium, iron and selenium.
- Wattleseed is one of the few native foods reported to contain selenium, a rare mineral which plays a key role in metabolism and has antioxidant properties which helps to reduce and decrease free radical damage to body cells. It also assists in lowering oxidative stress, which has been linked to many chronic diseases from type 2 diabetes to some types of cancer.
Ethanol 24% v/v, Glycerol & Roasted Wattleseed
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.