- How to Enjoy
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
Mountain Pepper Leaf is a surprise gem of the bush that can be used in any and all savory dishes in place of black pepper or to give that extra bite. Historically, it was used by indigenous Australians to enhance flavours and to treat oral infections like sore gums and tooth aches. Today, it’s prized for its unique flavour PLUS its great health benefits.
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Source of fibre
- Product of Australia
- Earthy, peppery, cinnamon-like taste on the front palate with herbaceous, spicy notes and developing heat on the back palate.
- 50 ml
- 500 ml
- 1 ltr
- 5 ltr
- 24 months from date of packing
- Store in cool, dry place
- Use in place of black pepper to spice up your life while providing a lingering hotness
- Add a delicious peppery bite to pasta dough, savoury biscuits and bread, and can be added to curries, slow-cooked foods, cheeses and egg dishes, to enhance the flavour.
- Mountain pepper leaf pairs well with dairy and dips, oil and vinegar-based meat marinades and salad dressings.
- A perfect complement to fish, seafood, chicken, pork, lamb, beef and game meat, and pairs perfectly with most vegetables.
FINGER LIME, COCONUT & MOUNTAIN PEPPER LEAF DRESSING
Time: 5 minutes
Make any salad a superstar with this light and creamy Finger Lime, Coconut and Mountain Pepper Leaf Dressing.
Finger Lime, Coconut & Mountain Pepper Leaf Dressing
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 avocado
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Freeze Dried Finger Lime powder
- 1 tsp Finger Lime extract
- 1/2 tsp Mountain Pepper Leaf or a few drops of Mountain Pepper Leaf Extract
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 100ml cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in blender or food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- With the blender running slowly pour in the oil in a thin stream and process until the oil is well incorporated and the dressing thickens. If the dressing becomes too thick you can thin it down with extra coconut milk or a little water.
- Pour into a jug or bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Find more recipes here!
- Mountain Pepper Leaf has exceptional antioxidant capacity, even more than the beloved blueberry!
- It also contains Vitamin E, lutein, zinc, magnesium and calcium.
- Mountain pepper leaf is rich in antioxidants which help protect cells against the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Mountain pepper leaf contains high concentrations of Vitamin E, zinc, calcium, magnesium, iron and lutein, a compound that plays an important role in eye health and wellbeing.
- Mountain pepper leaf is also used to assist in the slow absorption of glucose from the stomach, allowing for stabilization of blood sugar levels.
Ethanol 24% v/v, Glycerol & Mountain Pepper Leaf
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.