- How to Enjoy
- TASC Shipping & Returns
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
Grown in the desert and arid regions of Australia, the Sandalwood nut is quickly overtaking the Macadamia nut in the flavour and nutritional stakes. With a unique and delicate flavour, the versatile Sandalwood nut boasts almost 20 per cent protein (nearly double that of the Macadamia) and three times the dietary fibre of a Macadamia. Utilised for centuries by Indigenous Australians, Sandalwood nuts were consumed as a cure for rheumatoid arthritis and the oils inside applied topically to skin to aid with inflammatory conditions and body aches.
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Product of Australia
- A unique and delicate nutty flavour
- 80 gm
- 250 gm
- 500 gm
- 1 kg
- 10 kg
- 12 months from date of packing
- Store in cool, dry place
- Enjoy as a delicious healthy snack anytime!
- Add to salads, baked goods and desserts.
- Makes a fantastic addition to a tasty cheese board
NUTTY CRUNCH CHOCOLATE
Makes: 30 chocolates, depending on mould size
Rich dark chocolate is studded with buttery chunks of roasted Sandalwood Nuts and offset by the delicate crunch and deep flavour of ground Wattleseed. This is a spectacular but incredibly easy way to enjoy native flavours.
Note: If you don’t have chocolate moulds, you can use ice cube trays or you can pour it out onto a tray and break it into pieces once set.
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- ½ cup of Sandalwood Nuts
- 1 tablespoon of ground Wattleseed
- Place your Sandalwood Nuts in a dry pan over medium heat, shaking frequently, until they smell deliciously toasted.
- Remove and let cool before roughly chopping them into your preferred size.
- Chop your chocolate into small pieces and place into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until the chocolate is half melted and half solid.
- Remove and stir until it has completely melted.
- This can also be done in a glass bowl over barely simmering water but remove at the half-melted mark.
- This ensures that you don’t overheat the fats in the chocolate and gives you a perfect temper, every time.
- Sprinkle a very small amount of chopped nuts over the bottom of your moulds and then add the remaining nuts and the Wattleseed to the melted chocolate.
- Stir until well combined.
- Carefully spoon into chocolate moulds and then tap firmly on the bench to help settle the chocolate.
- Leave to set at room temperature – not in the fridge – until firm and then turn out of the moulds.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Find more recipes here!
- Sandalwood nut is rich in oils containing ximenynic acid, one of the rarest fatty acids found in the world and hailed as a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-aging superpower.
- High in protein and fibre, with minimal carbohydrates
- Extremely high in monounsaturated omega 9 fatty acid – known to increase good cholesterol, reduce blood pressure and eliminate build up in the arteries.
100% Whole, Dry Roasted Sandalwood Nuts
- FREE Shipping order $100 and over
- Flat Rate $5 for order under $100
- This product will be shipped to you by THE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO
- The Fees are set by them and calculated on the combined value of the product/s you order from theTHE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO range.
- Your Total Shipping Fee for this Order (for all brand/s) will be calculated and displayed at Check out.
Refunds & Return Policy
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.