- How to Enjoy
- TASC Shipping & Returns
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
The Australian Super Food Co’s limited edition Round leaf mint is a strongly aromatic herb, native to the moderate, cooler areas of South-Eastern Australia.
Used traditionally as a medicinal herb for treating headaches and colds, it is more commonly used today as a culinary herb.
Taste & Smell
With earthier tones, less sweetness and a slightly citric tang, round leaf mint is a superior native substitute for common oregano.
Flavour: A fresh, aromatic flavour and aroma with earthy mint and botanical eucalyptus notes.
Palate: Refreshing, botanical mint and eucalyptus notes, with lingering hints of menthol.
Aroma: Strong, refreshing and herbaceous menthol aroma, with earthy citric and eucalyptus notes.
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Source of fibre
- Australian Grown
About Round Leaf Mint
Round leaf mint is a fast-growing shrub, reaching up to two metres tall. As the name suggests, the leaves are round and very aromatic.
Flowering is in spring when the plants become covered with blooms. It grows wild in moderate regions of South Australia, New South Wales, Victoria and to a lesser extent in Tasmania.
The aromatic oils found in the leaves were used medicinally by the Indigenous Australians.
The leaves are commonly used for culinary purposes and may be used fresh, or chopped and dried for later use.
It’s less sweet in flavour than common oregano and mint with earthy tones and a slightly aromatic citrus tang.
- Use it to add flavour in salads, savoury meat dishes, sauces, or
- Steep in hot water to make a fragrant herbal tisane.
Use round leaf mint instead of traditional mint in both sweet and savoury dishes. It’s great on anything that requires a strong minty flavour and makes a delicious mint sauce or jelly to complement a Sunday lamb roast.
Mix a little with yoghurt to make a minty yoghurt dressing to accompany an Indian curry or steep in hot water with green or black tea to make a refreshing herbal tea. Its minty notes impart a crisp, herbaceous flavour to dressings, marinades, soups, syrups, glazes, cakes and biscuits.
It’s also perfect for flavouring jams, preserves and sauces.
Round leaf mint pairs well with cream-based desserts, chocolate, and ice cream and complements a variety of fruit such as apple, pear, citrus, mango and pineapple.
Round leaf mint lifts the profile of alcoholic beverages such as gin, vodka, white rum, Cointreau and tequila. It also adds a refreshing minty taste to soda, tonic, mineral waters and lemonade.
- Round leaf mint was used traditionally as a medicinal herb for treating headaches and colds. These days, it’s more common as a culinary herb and ornamental bush.
- Round leaf mint can be used to make a fragrant herbal tisane by steeping in hot water.
- Round leaf mint eases indigestion, calming the digestive tract and alleviating gas and cramps.
- The herb also helps calm the nervous system, relieving stress and anxiety, and promotes restful sleep.
100% dried and ground Round Leaf Mint
- FREE Shipping order $100 and over
- Flat Rate $5 for order under $100
- This product will be shipped to you by THE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO
- The Fees are set by them and calculated on the combined value of the product/s you order from theTHE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO range.
- Your Total Shipping Fee for this Order (for all brand/s) will be calculated and displayed at Check out.
Refunds & Return Policy
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.