- How to Enjoy
- TASC Shipping & Returns
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
The Australian Superfood Co.'s Lemon Myrtle is high in antioxidants, minerals & Vitamin C.
It is undoubtedly one of the most popular Australian native herbs, with its fresh aroma of citrus, delicate menthol touches and a strong lemon flavour, which is sweet and refreshing.
It's delicious as herbal tea, and for adding flavour to savoury and sweet dishes.
The Lemon Myrtle is a beautiful Australian shrub, whose leaves have been used by Indigenous Australians for a swag of purposes. Traditionally used both to flavour foods and as a healing oil
- 100% pure and natural
- Phytonutrients for healthy bones and teeth
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Vegan, Gluten-free, dairy-free and no added sugar
- Halal certified, Kosher certified
- Source of fibre
- Lemon Myrtle has a refreshing, sweet and intense, botanical citrus flavour, similar to lemongrass herb.
Finely Ground Powder
- 24 months from the date of packing
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Lemon Myrtle is perfect for flavouring jam and preserves, as well as salad dressings, marinades, mayonnaise, savoury and sweet sauces, sorbet and ice cream.
- Use as a substitute for lemongrass in Asian dishes.
- It pairs well with cream and fruit-based desserts, cheese, cakes and biscuits.
- Perfectly complements a variety of fruit, in particular apple, pear, citrus, tropical fruits, watermelon and coconut.
- Use on roasted root vegetables – sweet potato, pumpkin, beetroot, carrot, turnip, parsnip. Rub into fish before pan-frying and finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
VEGAN LEMON MYRTLE AND POPPYSEED DONUTS
Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 12 donuts
Donuts you say? Are you a donut fan? How about when you get to make your own, watching them rise up perfectly in the oven, perfectly filling out the pan around the hole in the middle and then coming out all ready for your favourite topping. For us that topping is zesty Lemon Myrtle. Use the recipe below which features wholesome ingredients, and lets you make healthy vegan donuts.
For the Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Lemon Myrtle powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Myrtle extract
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/3 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
For the Topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp Lemon Myrtle extract
- ½ tsp Lemon Myrtle powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Handful crushed almonds to sprinkle on top
For the Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds and lemon myrtle powder.
- In another bowl, mix together the almond milk, lemon myrtle extract, coconut oil and vanilla essence.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together just until combined. Ensure not to over mix.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag, or a large ziplock bag and cut a hole in the corner.
- Once batter is ready, spray your donut pan and spoon batter in. If you don’t have a donut pan you can alternatively turn the batter into cupcakes and spoon into a muffin tin.
- Spray your donut pan with some cooking spray, and then pipe the batter into the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a rack to completely cool.
- Mix the powdered sugar, almond milk, lemon myrtle powder and extract, vanilla and poppy seeds together until combined.
- Once donuts are cooled, drizzle coconut topping over each one, add crushed almonds and then place in the fridge until firm.
Mix up the recipe by replacing Lemon Myrtle with other native ingredients such as Strawberry Gum, Davidson Plum, Riberry, Kakadu Plum and more. To make this Gluten Free, swap the flour for Gluten Free flour.
Find more recipes here!
- Contains powerful antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties, which are even superior to those found in tea tree oil.
- Lemon myrtle is a great source of antioxidants and has an antioxidant capacity higher than the blueberry!
- Lemon myrtle is an excellent source of calcium, folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and essential minerals including zinc and magnesium.
- Traditionally used as a medicinal herb for treating headaches.
100% dried and ground Lemon Myrtle
- FREE Shipping order $100 and over
- Flat Rate $5 for order under $100
- This product will be shipped to you by THE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO
- The Fees are set by them and calculated on the combined value of the product/s you order from theTHE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO range.
- Your Total Shipping Fee for this Order (for all brand/s) will be calculated and displayed at Check out.
Refunds & Return Policy
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.