- How to Enjoy
- TASC Shipping & Returns
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
Also known as the Bush Plum, the Kakadu Plum is a nutrient-rich, antioxidant powerhouse! Boasting the highest Vitamin C levels of ANY fruit in the world, the Kakadu Plum is a tart little berry that is best enjoyed in small portions. A little goes a long way, so just add one teaspoon to your morning smoothie, sauces, spreads or desserts!
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners, or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Wild harvested
- Product of Australia
- Initial taste of the fruit is tart, with some astringency. Some say the fruit looks and tastes like an English gooseberry.
- Light yellow
- 50 ml
- 500 ml
- 1 ltr
- 5 ltr
- 24 months from date of packing
- Store in a cool dry place
- Add 1 teaspoon to a glass of water or your favourite juice.
- Try adding some to a green smoothie or smoothie bowl for an extra boost of Vitamin C.
- The tart and intense fruity flavour of Kakadu plum lends itself to a range of sweet and savoury dishes and sauces, including cakes, jams, mayonnaise, marinades, yoghurt and ice cream.
KAKADU PLUM CARAMEL SAUCE
Try out this unique vegan caramel sauce, made using dates and Kakadu Plum Extract.
- 1 cup table dates
- Boiling water; 1 cup reserved
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4-5 tbsp Coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Kakadu Plum Extract
- Place the dates in a heat proof bowl, and pour on enough boiling water to cover dates. Set aside until dates have softened.
- Once dates are soft, add to a blender or food processor with half a cup of the boiling water.
- Add the cinnamon, coconut cream and salt and then blend until smooth.
- Add additional soaking water as necessary to help thin it out and to allow the mixture to reach a smooth consistency. It should be thin enough that it can be easily poured.
- Once the mixture is smooth and pourable, add the Kakadu Plum Extract and blend for 10-15 more seconds to incorporate.
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge or heat gently over low heat and enjoy on your Christmas pudding. It is also perfect for pouring over fruit or fruit crisps for dessert, to spread on toast or to use in other baked treats, cakes and pies.
- The Kakadu plum has the highest recorded levels of Vitamin C of any fruit in the world, measuring up to 100 times the Vitamin C content found in an orange.
- The Kakadu plum exhibits outstanding antioxidant capacity, being 5.2 times more potent than the blueberry.
- The Kakadu plum is a known antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agent.
- High in Lutein which is a carotenoid vitamin that plays an important role in eye health. Lutein protects the retina from damage by inhibiting inflammation.
- A vegetarian source of iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, calcium, copper, phosphorus, Vitamin E and folate.
- The fruit has a high potassium:sodium ratio, which may assist in reducing the risk of hypertension
- Kakadu plum is high in dietary fibre and low in calories.
Ethanol 24% v/v, Glycerol & Kakadu Plum
- FREE Shipping order $100 and over
- Flat Rate $5 for order under $100
- This product will be shipped to you by THE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO
- The Fees are set by them and calculated on the combined value of the product/s you order from theTHE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO range.
- Your Total Shipping Fee for this Order (for all brand/s) will be calculated and displayed at Check out.
Refunds & Return Policy
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.