- How to Enjoy
- TASC Shipping & Returns
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
The Australian Superfood Co.'s Aniseed Myrtle will be your new favourite if you’re a fan of the smell or taste of black licorice.
With strong aniseed and liquorice flavour, this native spice makes a wonderful addition to teas, drinks and desserts. It's a great source of antioxidant, contains antifungal and antimicrobial properties and is a great digestive aid
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Source of fibre
- GMO free
- Halal certified
- Kosher certified
- Strong, sweet liquorice, aniseed; fresh menthol, eucalyptus
Finely Ground Powder
- 24 months from date of packing
- Store in a cool dry place
- Use as a tea or in desserts, syrups, dressings, sauces and ice creams.
- Pair with chocolate & orange for a fabulous flavour combo.
- Partners perfectly with dairy-based ingredients such as cream, butter and most cheese, making it an ideal herb to use in savoury cheese dishes and sauces, ice creams and cheesecake.
- Complements fish, chicken, pork, lamb, beef and game meat and enhances the sweetness of root vegetables and sweet corn.
- Infuses well with oils and most vinegars and adds a pleasant aniseed flavour to salad dressings, marinades and dairy-based sauces.
CURRIED LENTIL, TOMATO, ANISEED MYRTLE AND COCONUT SOUP
A winter warmer that’s sure to satisfy! Aniseed Myrtle extract is a good source of magnesium, lutein, folate, vitamin E, vitamin C and has great digestive properties. This is sure to become a staple during the colder months!
Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 inch (about 30g) piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tbsp curry powder (use less if hot variety)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cups (300g) red lentils
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups (750g) good quality bottled tomato sauce
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Aniseed Myrtle extract
- 1 can coconut milk
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Big handful of cress, microgreens or baby salad leaves
- Handful of cilantro leaves
- 2 radishes, finely sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and add the onions with a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 8-10 minutes until golden. Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, red pepper flakes and another pinch of salt; cook for 2 mins.
- Add the lentils, stir, and then pour in the stock and tomato sauce. Reserve about ¼ cup of the coconut milk for topping and add the rest of the can to the soup. Add in the Aniseed Myrtle extract. Stir and cook for 20-25 minutes. Taste and season soup with sea salt and black pepper.
- Combine salad leaves with the cilantro and sliced radishes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Ladle soup into big bowls, drizzle over some of the reserved coconut milk and top with the leafy, radish salad.
Recipe adapted from ‘Arthur Street Kitchen’.
Find more recipes here!
- Contains a rich source of antioxidant compounds which help protect cells against the damaging effects of free radicals
- The antioxidant capacity of aniseed myrtle is higher than the blueberry, which is renowned worldwide as the ‘health-promoting fruit’
- Aniseed myrtle has antifungal and antimicrobial properties and is also a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, folate, magnesium and lutein (a compound that plays an important role in eye health and general wellbeing).
- Aniseed myrtle has very high quantities of the compound anethole. Trans-anethole rich herbs have traditionally been used to treat conditions such as anorexia, reflux and hiccups, and to help settle intestinal cramps, colic and flatulence.
- Aniseed myrtle was traditionally used to treat hiccuping, weight loss, lactation, menstrual pain and stomach complaints. These days, it’s a great digestive aid.
100% dried and ground Aniseed Myrtle
- FREE Shipping order $100 and over
- Flat Rate $5 for order under $100
- This product will be shipped to you by THE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO
- The Fees are set by them and calculated on the combined value of the product/s you order from theTHE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO range.
- Your Total Shipping Fee for this Order (for all brand/s) will be calculated and displayed at Check out.
Refunds & Return Policy
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.