- How to Enjoy
- TASC Shipping & Returns
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
The Australian Superfood Co.'s Air Dried Qandong - funny name, delicious flavour! These sweet, glossy fruits are packed with Vitamin C, protein, complex oils, iron and zinc. Add a few dried Quandongs to cakes, juices or fruit salads. Yum!
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Source of fibre
- Product of Australia
- Initial taste is slightly sour and salty, developing into subtle, earthy, sweet peach and citrus notes.
- 40 gm
- 500 gm
- 1 kg
- 24 months from date of packing
- Store in cool, dry place
- Try it in jams, preserves, sauces, chutneys and relish. It also complements sweet fruit pies, cakes, biscuits and other baked goods.
- Try adding a little to mild curries and slow-cooked tagine.
- Quandong pairs well with dairy products, meat-based jus and delicious in salads
This relish is great on a veggie burger, or for the carnivores, with grilled meats. Quandong is high in rutin, a strong antioxidant that can reduce the proliferation of free radicals.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Serves: approx. 4 jars
- 1 x 40g packet of Air Dried Quandong
- 1 small onion
- 300ml vinegar
- 150gm sugar
- 6gm salt
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Soak 1 packet of dried quandong halves for a minimum of 30 minutes. Drain and then cover with fresh water. Cook until soft. Drain.
- Dice onion. Add onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and chilli flakes to quandongs. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend.
- Return mixture to the pot and simmer until the relish has a thick and creamy consistency.
- Pour into warm jars, seal and sterilise.
Find more recipes here!
- Quandongs are a great source of antioxidants and contain a rich mixture of phenolic compounds. These antioxidants provide comprehensive protection from oxidative stress, boost the immune system, reduce inflammation and may protect against a number of diseases including cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer’s, as well as autoimmune and cardiovascular diseases.
- The Quandong’s kernel contains a range of complex oils and is recognised for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Quandongs are a wonderful source of Vitamin C and have twice the amount found in an orange.
- Quandongs are rich in Vitamin E and folate, as well as essential minerals including calcium and magnesium.
- A valuable vegetarian and vegan source of iron and zinc.
- Quandongs contain Vitamin A which helps to improve problematic skin conditions, such as acne, as well as speeds up healing, prevents breakouts and supports the skin’s immune system.
100% Air Dried Quandong
- FREE Shipping order $100 and over
- Flat Rate $5 for order under $100
- This product will be shipped to you by THE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO
- The Fees are set by them and calculated on the combined value of the product/s you order from theTHE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO range.
- Your Total Shipping Fee for this Order (for all brand/s) will be calculated and displayed at Check out.
Refunds & Return Policy
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.