- How to Enjoy
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
The strikingly sumptuous, deep, dark purple fruit with blood red flesh, boasts a soft juicy pulp and is one of the most nutritionally powerful native Australian fruits. With a taste reminiscent of stewed rhubarb, the Davidson Plum is a unique dairy-free source of calcium (perfect for our vegan friends), Vitamin E and zinc. It’s a great addition to homemade jams, desserts, baked goods and sauces.
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Product of Australia
- Initially tart, with a sharp acidic plum flavour.
- 40 gm
- 500 gm
- 1 kg
- 24 months from date of packing
- Store in cool, dry place
- Davidson plum’s tart and intense fruity flavour lends itself to be used in a range of sweet and savoury dishes, including cakes, jams, mayonnaise, sauces, yoghurt and ice cream.
- Complements most root vegetables, like sweet potato, pumpkin, beetroot, carrot, turnip, parsnip. Combine with olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs (such as rosemary, oregano and thyme) and sea salt and sprinkle over the top.
NATIVE INGREDIENT HOT CROSS BUNS
Hot cross buns are incredibly delicious with native ingredients! This recipe features the flavours of Cinnamon Myrtle and Strawberry Gum, complimented by the citrus zest of Kakadu Plum. In addition to sultanas, the Air Dried Davidson Plum make it extra special. Try it out if you haven’t had a sample of this tart, crunchy treat!
For The Buns
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 2 tsp Strawberry Gum
- 1 tsp Kakadu plum
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Myrtle
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup warm coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup dried Davidson plum
For the Cross
- 3-4 tbsp coconut cream (refrigerated)
- 3 tsp Kakadu Plum Extract
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, yeast, Strawberry Gum, Kakadu Plum, Cinnamon Myrtle, ground cinnamon and salt.
- Add the sultanas and Davidson Plum.
- Once fully combined, make a well in the center and add warm coconut milk and warm water. Use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a dough. Set the dough aside in a warm place to rise for 1-2 hours.
- Once risen, punch down and then divide evenly into 6 balls of dough.
- Pack the 6 dough balls into a rectangle pan, lined with baking paper and set aside to rise for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Once preheated, place pan into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until buns are firm to touch and slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the cross by stirring together the coconut cream and extract.
- Spoon the mixture on top of each cooled bun forming a cross.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Find more recipes here!
- The antioxidant capacity of the Davidson plum is higher than the blueberry, which is renowned worldwide as the ‘health-promoting fruit’.
- Contains high levels of anthocyanin. A greater anthocyanin intake is associated with reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, improved liver function, increased metabolic function, reduced risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes, better weight maintenance, improved cognitive function, improved immunity, improved eye vision and eye health, as well as improved skin and hair health.
- The fruit are a good source of Vitamin E and Vitamin C, as well as potassium, lutein, zinc, magnesium and calcium.
- Davidson plum contains Vitamin A, which helps to improve problematic skin such as acne. It also speeds up healing, prevents breakouts and supports the skin’s immune system.
- Davidson plum is known to have a high potassium:sodium ratio, which may help to reduce hypertension.
100% Air Dried Davidson Plum
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.