- How to Enjoy
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
The size of your little finger, but packing a HUGE nutritional punch, the Finger Lime is an unusual fruit that’ll add a zesty vibrancy to any dish. It can substitute for ordinary lemon or lime, wherever they are used.
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Product of Australia
- Refreshing, sharp, sour flavour, with sweet botanical citrus notes, similar to lemongrass herb.
- Light tan colour, with hints of light pink, green and white
- 30 gm
- 80 gm
- 250 gm
- 500 gm
- 1 kg
- 10 kg
- 24 months from date of packing
- Store in cool, dry place
- With its refreshing citrus flavour, fresh finger lime fruit and freeze-dried powder is ideal for use in dressings, aioli, savoury and sweet sauces, marmalades and jams.
- It can substitute for ordinary lemon or lime, wherever they are used.
- The lime complements seafood dishes and works particularly well with freshly shucked oysters and as a substitute for lemongrass in many Asian dishes.
- Freeze-dried finger lime powder is an ideal ingredient for use in cheesecakes, ice cream, sorbet, biscuits, sponge cake, muffins, sweet flavoured breads, and to add a refreshing taste to dukkah.
RAW FINGER LIME & MACADAMIA CAKE
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min + 1 hr Freezing
Serves: 10 slices
Macadamia and Finger Lime go hand in hand like Peanut butter and Jelly! The texture of a creamy base with a hint of citrus will have your taste buds singing. The Finger Lime adds a beautiful zesty flavour with added benefits of Vitamin C.
- 2 cups raw macadamias
- 14 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamias
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tsp Freeze Dried Finger Lime
- 1/2 cup raw honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Punnet of raspberries/sliced mango for decorating
For the base
- Place all crust ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed and the mixture holds together.
- Add some water if the mixture seems to dry.
- Scoop out crust mixture and press firmly into a 20cm spring-form pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
For the filling:
- Heat the coconut oil and honey on the stove. Once the mixture is warm, place the liquid into the food processor.
- Place the remaining filling ingredients (except the strawberries and mango) into the blender and blend on high until very smooth.
- Remove the base from the freezer and pour the mixture on top of the base and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and top with Strawberries, diced mango or our Finger Lime Granola.
Can be served frozen or at room temperature.
Find more recipes here!
- Bursting with zesty flavour, finger limes are rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and Vitamin E.
- Each finger lime contains three times the Vitamin C found in a mandarin.
- The level of Vitamin E is exceptionally high in the pink finger lime. Vitamin E is one of the most important antioxidants in human cell protection and disease prevention.
- They are also high in dietary fibre and a good source of protein.
100% Freeze Dried Finger Lime
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.