- How to Enjoy
- TASC Shipping & Returns
- Remarkable Humans Promise | Australian Made Products
Mountain Pepperberry is a surprise gem of the bush that can be used in any and all savory dishes in place of black pepper or to give that extra bite. Historically, it was used by indigenous Australians to enhance flavours and to treat oral infections like sore gums and tooth aches. Today, it’s prized for its unique flavor PLUS its exceptional health benefits. The pepper berry is known for its ‘hot’ flavour due to the polygodial properties. They are fruity upon first taste, followed by a spicy flavour.
- 100% natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours, sweeteners or flavours
- Gluten free, dairy free and no added sugar
- Source of fibre
- Product of Australia
- sweet, fruity and pungent, with an intense peppery bite
- 20 gm
- 80 gm
- 250 gm
- 500 gm
- 1 kg
- 10 kg
- 250 gm
- 500 gm
- 1 kg
- 10 kg
- 24 months from date of packing
- Store in cool, dry place
- The berries can be used fresh, dried or milled as a spice.
- The intensity of the peppery heat decreases the longer it cooks, which slowly releases the sweetness of the berries and adds a richer flavour. Add a little just before serving to experience the fullness of the spice’s peppery punch.
- Pepperberries pair well with dairy (yoghurt, most cheese varieties, cream, ice cream and gelato/sorbet), oil and vinegar-based meat marinades and salad dressings, meat-based sauces and egg-based condiments.
- Complements fish, seafood, chicken, pork, lamb, beef and game meat, and pairs perfectly with all vegetable varieties.
CAULIFLOWER, BROCCOLI, ALMOND AND MOUNTAIN PEPPERBERRY GRATIN
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Creamy and delicious yet packed with nutrients and an exotic spice. You can’t look passed this easy dish during winter.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 small cauliflower cut into florets (about 200g)
- Medium broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 100g taleggio cheese or other strong-flavoured cheese, diced
- 1 tsp Mountain Pepperberry, ground
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup almond meal or breadcrumbs of your choice
- Lemon, to serve
- Preheat over to 180 degrees Celsius (160 degrees Celsius fan-forced)
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add in the cauliflower and broccoli, stir-frying for approximately 3 minutes. Add the milk, cheese, Mountain Pepperberry and cook for another minute, stirring until the cheese begins to melt. Sprinkle with parsley and almond meal or breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust has turned crunchy and golden. Enjoy.
Find more recipes here!
- Mountain Pepperberries have significantly higher antioxidant capacity than blueberries
- Mountain Pepperberries contain high concentrations of Vitamin E, folate, zinc, calcium, magnesium, iron and lutein.
- Mountain Pepperberries are a rich source of protein and are high in dietary fibre.
- Mountain Pepperberries are used to assist in the slow absorption of glucose from the stomach, allowing for stabilization of blood sugar levels.
- The berries contain the compound polygodial, which can be used as an anti-inflammatory for issues such as arthritis, asthma and assisting in healing gut irritability. The polygodial properties protect the stomach lining from pathogens, diseases and inflammatory markers.
100% dried Mountain Pepperberry - Cracked or Whole
- FREE Shipping order $100 and over
- Flat Rate $5 for order under $100
- This product will be shipped to you by THE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO
- The Fees are set by them and calculated on the combined value of the product/s you order from theTHE AUSTRALIAN SUPERFOOD CO range.
- Your Total Shipping Fee for this Order (for all brand/s) will be calculated and displayed at Check out.
Refunds & Return Policy
Remarkable Humans Promise – Australian Made Products
Our No.1 selection criteria is that each product is made in Australia. So when you purchase at Remarkable Humans, you can be 100% confident in your choice.
We stand behind every product we sell – as we’ve read every label and spoken to every Vendor to understand how their products are produced.
Our promise to you is that each product is as its declared – it is an Australian Made product – and that promise comes with our Money-Back Guarantee.